Research Writer/Administrative Support
(Part-time, One Year Contract)
No Hate in the Hammer (NHH) is a coalition of individuals and organizations working together to be an effective tool for social change through education, collaboration, knowledge sharing and advocacy. NHH’s primary purpose is to make Hamilton an inclusive city where everyone is free from all forms of hate. We work toward this goal by fostering relationships built on trust with communities, institutions and government agencies.
NHH seeks a creative individual committed to anti-hate work to support the Steering Committee in advancing its mandate. This part-time (16 hours/week) position focuses equally on two roles:
- Research Writer: coordinate the development of a community anti-hate toolkit, by synthesizing ideas generated from past and upcoming education and consultation efforts, researching campaigns and actions in other jurisdictions, and drafting content for a practical guide to coordinating a community response to hate; and
- Administrative Support: help organizers with the day-to-day running of the coalition, including maintaining membership lists and minutes, setting meetings, updating and disseminating social media content & communications, and providing logistical support to educational activities and promotion, such as the fall/winter speaker series.
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity and working towards the elimination of barriers to social, economic and civic participation for marginalized communities
- Demonstrated skills in researching, writing and editing for a variety of audiences and media, combined with a strong structural analysis and capacity to explain complex ideas in plain language
- Highly organized and task focused; attentive to detail and deadlines
- Tech savvy, ideally with knowledge of content management systems, social media content management systems and e-communication tools
- competency with Google Share drivers; Mail Chimp experience an asset
- Ability to work independently, as well as ability to work effectively as part of team, under the direction of a committee
- Strong ability to handle multiple priorities in a high volume environment and a self-starter
- Knowledge of the Hamilton community and key stakeholders in the coalition’s work an asset
- Fluency in French an asset
Salary: $20/hour for 16 hours per week for one year.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than June 30, 2021 and include a cover letter and resume.
NHH is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from those with lived experience of oppression. As part of our work against racism and other oppressions, we strive to reflect the diversity of the communities we support. We encourage First Nation, Métis and Inuit applicants.
We thank all applicants, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes to be held in strictest confidence.